I feel like I have arrived in Ecuador. I left Quito behind me and set out into the countryside. A farm in the Andean highlands with a stunning view onto volcano Cotopaxi out front is where I am staying the next couple of days. The farm is a couple of hours from Quito and we reached it via endless turns and bumps on a very badly built cobblestone street. It consists of multiple patties used to grow vegetables, lamas, horses, pigs, rabbits and 3 lovely dogs. We went for a walk in the afternoon to a beautiful waterfall through lush grassland, bushes and jungle until we balanced our way from rock to rock through the creek to the waterfall. On the way back I had the chance to ride a horse without saddle, a magical experience. Twilight we spent sitting in a Jacuzzi, again overlooking Cotopaxi and the other surrounding volcanoes. In the evening, I enjoyed the peaceful company of the dogs in my lap in front of the fireplace---first day since I got here without cold feet! As you do in the countryside, we turned in early, sleeping next to our own fireplace in the dorm, because the morning will start early.
No comments:
Post a Comment